Montshire Museum Sensory Friendly Hours
Time & Location
About the Event
Reservations for Sensory Friendly Hours are required. Admission will be limited to 70 people. Admission is discounted by $3 per person for these special events. Free for Montshire members. No refunds. Please bring a print-out of your confirmation or be prepared to show it on your portable device.
Come enjoy a fun and interactive learning experience in a comfortable and welcoming environment!
During these hours, the Montshire will offer:
- Less crowded environment
- Reduced sound from select exhibits
- Quiet, respite space with sensory materials
- Pre-visit information, including social narratives, a sensory map, and a checklist
Sensory Friendly Hours will take place on:
- Saturday, February 8, 2020: 9-10am (Visitors are welcome to stay for the day. However, the galleries will open to the general public at 10am, so some accommodations will not be available after 10.)
- Thursday, April 2, 2020: 5:30-7pm
During these Sensory Friendly Hours—and every day—visitors can check out sensory supplies at the admissions desk. We offer noise cancelling headphones, a weighted lap pad, manipulative fidgets, stuffies, timers, and therapy balls.